Introducing our new range of Julius K9 IDC harnesses selected specially to fit Chihuahuas and small to medium sized dogs.
Our introductory Julius k9 range features 13 popular colours and five popular sizes.
|Size||Chest circumference||Weight of the dog|
|Baby 1||11.4 - 14.15 inches/ 29-36 cm||0.8-3.0kg|
|Baby 2||13-18 inches/33-45 cm||
|Mini Mini||16.5-20.5 inches/40-53cm||
|Size 0||23-30 inches / 58-76cm||14.0-25.0kg|
TAKING YOUR DOG'S MEASUREMENTS CORRECTLY
Taking accurate measurements of your dog is essential for choosing the right harness size. About 2-3 inches (4 fingers) behind the front legs where the chest is the widest, measure the girth (chest circumference) for the harness. Compare the measurement on our size guide under the product description of your chosen harness.
The chest strap should be adjusted in such a way that you can fit four fingers comfortably between the front legs of the dog and the belly strap. This is the case for Mini-Mini, Mini or Size 0. For sizes Baby1 and Baby 2 it is enough to leave a two-finger distance.
PUTTING THE HARNESS ON YOUR DOG
It is very important to adjust the front chest strap and the lower strap correctly. If the straps are too loose, the dog might be able to back out of the harness. When the lower strap under the chest is too tight, it can be uncomfortable for the dog.
When the chest strap is too tight, the buckle rubs against the dog's skin in the armpit area, which can cause chafing. If the lower strap under the chest is adjusted correctly, there should be enough room for you to fit your fingers between the dog's back and the harness.
The IDC Powerharness is an improved patented version of the Original K9 Power Dog Harness. The frontal (horizontal) chest strap has been lowered about 30 degrees to follow the natural curves of the dogs chest, creating and anatomically perfected fit, hence the name Innova Dog Comfort or IDC.
The Power Harness is Julius-K9's original harness. It is a high-quality, rugged harness that was designed for professional use with European search & rescue, military, and police dogs. The profile of the Power Harness is parallel to the ground whereas the Julius-K9 IDC Harness has an angular profile.
The Power Harness is so easy to take on and off the dog that it can be used for taking your dog into the agility ring; just drop the harness over the dog's head and click in the buckle on the belly band. The harness is designed to allow a full range of motion so your dog can walk or run while wearing it.
- The surface of the Power Harness is made from rugged, scratch-proof, and water-resistant polyester, which makes it an ideal harness for dogs that run in their harness when you're hiking in thickly wooded/shrubbed areas.
- The underside of the harness is padded with a breathable cotton that is gentle on the dog's coat and skin.
- The chest and belly straps are made from pressure-tested seatbelt-type webbing and are infinitely adjustable, allowing you to achieve a perfect fit on any dog.
- The back of the harness features a steel ring for attaching your leash.
- The harness has a reflective label "patch" on each side that is attached with Velcro. The ones that come with the Power Harness say "Julius-K9," but labels with different words and phrases can be purchased separately.
The complete sizing chart for all available K9 IDC harnesses is as follows: