Retractable Dog Leads
Retractable (Extending) Leads
We stock many designs of extending, retractable dog leads designed to give your dog more freedom whilst remaining under your complete control. (Please read our information carefully about the safe use of extending leads before purchase).
Shop our wide range of excellent entry level leads, plus mid range and premium versions in plain, pastel, print and even gold and silver. Many of our retractable leads are 3 metre tape or cord leads with small clips but we also offer longer 5m tape leads.
- Lightweight plain coloured 3m budget leads without an anti chew strap with standard rewind mechanisms
- Standard weight plain coloured 3m leads without an anti chew strap with standard rewind mechanisms
- Standard weight patterned casing 3m or 5m leads without an anti chew strap with standard rewind mechanisms
- Standard weight Premium 3m or 5m leads without an anti chew strap with standard rewind mechanisms
- Branded or Heavyweight (Flexi or TUG) Top Quality 3m or 5m leads with an anti chew strap and superior engineered rewind mechanisms
Quality is in important factor to consider when selecting your dog's extending lead as no product is indestructible and the lead must be fit for purpose for the weight, strength, breed and behaviour of your dog.
A small well trained lightweight puppy or dog has very different needs to a stocky, strong and muscular dog that pulls.
Our TUG and Flexi leads have the added chew resist straps that are attached first to the harness and then to the lead to add an extra layer of protection if your dog tries to turn and bite its lead whilst walking. This does not mean that the lead is chewable and your dog must never be allowed to chew or digest its lead or play with it like a toy.
Whilst considered by many to be a convenient option, My Chi and Me advocates the use of a static lead with all except well trained obedient dogs due to the risks associated with using this type of product.
Retractable leashes whilst popular pose a level risk to the operator and the dog in the form of relatively uncontrollable retraction speeds, slower response to control your dog when bolting, personal injury and other factors such as abrasions and friction burns, or body/eye injuries from the hook to the owner or the dog.For use by responsible adults only. The leash should not be used by children, or by adults under the influence of alcohol or medication. Uncontrolled retraction can cause serious injury to the head, eyes, hands or body.
- Never allow your dog to run to the full extent of the lead as this puts unnecessary pressure on the mechanisms and a jolt at full stretch could cause it to fail.
- Do not hold the leash by the cord, do not wrap the leash around body parts or objects and do not use if frayed, chewed damaged or not working properly.
- Do not attempt to open the housing and repair if not working properly.
- We do not recommend the use of retractable leads near roads or traffic.
- The use of a retractable leash is entirely at the owners own risk.
- Not for use with untrained, disobedient or uncontrollable dogs.
- Do not allow your dog to chew its lead and whilst training is in progress we recommend a branded lead complete with anti chew strap if your dog has a tendency to try to bit its lead whilst walking.
- Retractable leads are not toys.
- Do not allow your dog to chew the lead or the casing.
- All leads must be checked regularly for wear and tear and replaced at regular intervals as no product is immune from failure or indestructible.
- My Chi and Me accepts no liability for injury or death howsoever caused by the failure or misuse of this product.
TUG 360° Tangle-Free Heavy Duty Retractable Small Dog Leash 5 Metre
My Chi and Me